We are a leading contract manufacturer of printed circuit board assemblies in the Pacific Northwest where we build, test and ship boards for some of the world's leading companies in the wireless, semiconductor and building control markets.
We currently have a requirement for a full-time Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our manufacturing operations at our facility in Burnaby BC. Reporting to our Production Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to deliver high-quality products to our customers.
- Monitor and audit the quality of manufactured products.
- Investigate supplier-related quality issues with PCBs, electronic components and mechanical parts.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers on quality issues and generate NCRs and PCARs.
- Investigate internal quality issues, identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Use quality tools such as 8D, Ishikawa charting, process mapping and pareto charting.
- Recommend areas for continues improvement of quality, yield, cost and competency.
- Administer RMSs, asses returned units, determine RMA costs, prepare RMA documentation and release for repair.
- Support and train the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Assist with generation and maintenance for Quality Procedures and training.
- Assist with receiving or final inspection on when required.
- Maintain Standards Publication Database.
- Assist with UL/CSA and other laboratory audits and certifications.
- Obsolete and scrap products management
- Assist quality engineers in various tasks as required.
- Implement lean methodologies to create efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Work on other various duties and projects as assigned by department manager.
- Bachelor's degree or post-secondary diploma in Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of ASO 9001, SPC, ERP, IPC-610 and other related standards.
- ASQ CQIA certification.
- Able to read and comprehend technical drawings and components datasheets.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and strong customer service skills.
- Excellent problem analysis/solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and multiple deadlines.
- Exposure/experience with Project Management, Lean Six Sigma
- Experience working in an EMS environment is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!