Dorigo Systems is currently looking to hire an experienced Production Supervisor for our growing Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) company. The primary function of this position is to manage the production teams in our Assembly Departments to ensure quality assurance and deliver upon targeted objectives, with adherence to relevant guidelines, policies and procedures. The successful candidate will plan, schedule and oversee the execution of every job on the production floor, and must exhibit exceptionally strong leadership qualities.
In addition to supervising the Assembly Departments, this full-time position with work closely with Dorigo's Operations, Quality and Engineering Departments. The Production Supervisor will report directly to the General Manager.
- Manage various assembly departments to ensure daily production meets both quality and on-time-deliver targets.
- Actively participate in process development to ensure all relevant resources are in place to ensure successful project completion on-time and on-budget. Strong skills in personnel management and team-building will be essential.
- Interface with Inventory, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering and Operations management to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Coordinate with Operations and Assembly Departments to identify and resolve issues regarding delivery.
- Communicate with department supervisors to determine status of assigned work.
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions for the planning and reporting processes.
- Participate in manufacturing operations meetings.
- Use lean manufacturing principles, monitor performance trends and encourage teamwork to ensure continuous improvement of the Assembly Department and achieve company goals.
- Determine and implement appropriate training initiatives.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and ethical codes, including the ISO9001 quality standards.
- Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of Dorigo Systems procedures and standards.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure project and company success.
- Sound knowledge of the electronic manufacturing of printed circuit assembly with 3 to 5 years of experience in supervising/planning/scheduling in batch (job shop) manufacturing.
- Minimum three years of degree or diploma training related to electronic technologies or Post-secondary diploma or degree in related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Technician, Technologist, Production Management) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Expandable or other MRP/ERP system is an asset.
- Experience in EMS industry is a strong advantage.
- A versatile self-starter with a positive attitide who is assertive but diplomatic, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough. Strong supervisory, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills required, as are the ability to positively motivate teams to exceed expectations.
- Able to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, SharePoint, etc.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!