We are a leading contract manufacturer of printed circuit board assemblies in the Pacific Northwest where we build, test and ship boards for some of the world's leading companies in the wireless, semiconductor and building control markets.
We currently have a requirement for a full-time Test Technician to join manufacturing operations at our facility in Burnaby BC. Reporting to our Production Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring product quality meets our customers' high standards.
- Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will provide testing and troubleshooting to support our Manufacturing Operations.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Observe all safety procedures and precautions.
- The successful candidate must have three to five years experience in an electronic production environment, preferably associated with the contract manufacturing of printed circuit boards.
- Minimum three years of degree or diploma training related to electronic technologies or equivalent.
- Sound fundamental knowledge of digital and analog circuitry, including testing and troubleshooting of printed circuit board assemblies from simple to complex, down to the component level.
- Solid knowledge of testing and troubleshooting documentation process, including identifying and interpreting schematic diagrams, Bills of Materials, Assembly Processes and Failure reports.
- Extensive knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation including PC-based I/O and Data Acquisition hardware.
- Experience in an ISO9001:2000 environment required, with strong desire to adhere to Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Willing to learn and adapt to new methods and procedures, while respecting the individual rights of all team members.
- Willing to proactively participate in the decision making process, while being able to provide and receive constructive ideas/suggestions
- Able to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, mathematical abilities, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!